A 36 hour straight marathon of code to build apps inventing the bank of tomorrow. NIS 145 000 cash prizes and more to win.
The Leumi Hackathon is organised by Bank Leumi in partnership with Salesforce. Two days to build apps on the theme : "Inventing the bank of tomorrow."
Business apps, internet of things, virtual wallets, bank-client user experiences and bank-client social media as well as productivity apps are the key points in this innovating step forward proposed at the Leumi hackathon.
If you are a developer, designer, startuper, student or passionate about new technology and banking, come and take part in inventing the bank of tomorrow in just 36 straight hours.
100% of the code created belongs to the participants.
Get inspired: the 6 themes of the hackathon to bring you on the right track of innovation
- Virtual money : How to simplify payments, lending’s and the use of virtual wallets through innovating online banking apps.
- Bank-Client user experience : How to provide a better relationship through innovative customer service interfaces on personal financial management and investment management tools.
- Bank-Client Social Media : How to use social media to improve client follow-up on sales and services.
- Business apps : How to boost the productivity of small and medium businesses through playful apps.
- Gamification : How to improve customer relationships and educate users of the banking world thanks to gamification.
- Internet of Things : How to integrate bank services into IoT application areas and link bank services to connected objects
Salesforce1 platform and Leumi Data will be mandatory tools of the challenge.
Free and facultative APIs : Yodlee, The Open Bank Project, Behave.io, Import.io, Goods Dynamics, Built.io, Beaconwatcher, Relayr, Pronto.ly, Mashery, Cashbook Toolkit and TheThing.io.
Wednesday 22nd October
9:00 am - Opening, participants check-in & team matching
10:00 am - Introduction of the hackathon: Welcoming speech by Danny Yerushalmi presentation of the Leumi's dataset, Salesforce1 & presentation of the partners API
10:30 am - Open mic for Idea pitches
11:00 am - Code starts
1:00 pm - Lunch
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Partners API presentations
6:00 pm - Project owner interviews
7:00 pm - Dinner
All night long - Overnight coding – bring your sleeping bag
Thursday 23rd October
9:00 am - Breakfast
1:00 pm - Lunch
2:00 pm - Hacking is over
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Selection of the team who will demo of front of the jury
4:30 pm - Final demo of front of the jury
6:30 pm - Judge deliberations and dinner
7:00 pm - Winning teams announced - 1st prize will be anounced by Rakefet Russak-Aminoach CEO of Bank Leumi
7.30 pm - 8.30 pm - Cocktail party
More info and registration, please visit : http://hackleumi.bemyapp.com/
- Everyone can enter the challenge except residents of the following countries: Cuba, Iran,Myanmar, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
- Under 18 years old can enter the challenge with a parents or legal guardian permission.
- You must be in Tel Aviv on the dates of the challenge.
- Your projects developed have to be related to banking and to one of the 6 sub-topics of the challenge to compete: virtual money, business apps, bank-client user experience, bank-client social media, gamification and Internet of Things.
- The deliverables are applications: sotfware and mobile apps
- The use of Leumi Data and Salesforce1 platform is mandatory.
- In addition, you can use whatever platforms you like and free partners APIs
- Each team will have to complete the following entry to the Event at
hackleumi.bemyapp.challengepost.com by Thursday, October 23, 1pm. Entry to the Event consists of: i) App title ii) App tagline iii) App description (should be approximately 500 words) v) App screenshots or image, with a maximum size is 5mb, format should be JPG, PNG or GIF with a 3:2 aspect ratio.
How to enter
To enter to the challenge you need to register on the offical site.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Leumi Group
CEO of LeumiTech
Executive vice president COO & CIO and head of Technologies devision at Bank Leumi
EVP - Head of Banking Division at Bank Leumi
Founder, CTO & Head of Product at BillGuard
Co-founder of the Viola Group, and a co-founder of Carmel Ventures
Deliver a simple, complete user experience without any bugs.
Develop an understandable and user-friendly user interface with a good ‘navigability’.
Propose a new concept, target new domains using the potential of provided dataset.
The project must respond to a real need, be marketable and be exploitable by the teams of the Bank.